Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Why I love my job

Today I met with the oh so lovely Phoebe at her sunny home in Mill Valley. As I was driving up I was two things: 1. Excited to finally meet her and 2. So jealous of her super cute home sitting in the sun with her even cuter daughter and a cat named Sugar that greets you at the door.

She found me on facebook and asked me to create a few dresses for her before a trip and after exchanging a few emails I was soooooo up for the challenge.

Phoebe is my favorit kind of client. She's is kind, sweet and open to new ideas. She knows what she likes, but willing to take a risk and trusts me fully to create dresses that will not only turn heads on the street but to also leave her feeling amazing and fully satisfied.

Imagine this... a dress that is cute, fun and sexy while still being modest and classic. She wanted something that she could wear with low heels or sandals, fitted on top, billowy on bottom, hem hitting just below the knee. Her colors are usually earth tones but she LOVES different shades up blue.

*whew* it sounds like a lot but I am still beeming with excitement.

I stopped at Discount Fabrics on Howard and 11th and picked up a few fabrics that reminded me of her. I haven't taken pictures of those yet, but i will be posting them as I use them.

Here is the first dress that I designed for her. Fits a size 6, tail hemmed, fitted bodice top, billowy on bottom, one shoulder strap... cute, sexy, classic.

 What do you think??

1 comment:

  1. Good Lord Miyako, this dress is banannas! Lovin' the braided strap detail.

    ReplyDelete