Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Finally a dress with sleeves..

So I have been trying to manipulate and create a sleeve pattern for a knit fabric. After many failed attempts I finally have something CLOSE but not perfect to what I am looking for.

To the left is the dress that I made for a client demonstrating just that.

Can I just tell you about how much IN LOVE with this print I am??!! When completely laid out the fabric shows giant roses in bright colors.. I couldn't help myself when I saw it at discount fabrics.


It took approx. 3 hours to make (I drafted the pattern.. messed up a few times and had to do it again) in total. I thought the front is conservative but still fun with the print. The back is low enough to show some skin but high enough that it fits under a blazer if feeling a bit shy. The belt is removable (Velcro.. woo!) and will accommodate up to a 28" waist. The dress itself is made to fit a size 6, snug and flattering but a size 4 could wear it a bit loose, but still tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment